Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Creative Writing


Figurative Language Fecap


Simile
What is simile? Simile is a comparison of two objects or things using words like or as.
Imagine a human as big as a  blue whale.
He is as cunning as a fox.
 I am as quick as a cheetah.

Alliteration
What is Alliteration?Alliteration is derived from Latin’s
“Latira” .It means “letters of the alphabet”. which a number of words 
 Soft smooth snow falls silently from the sky.
Belligerent bat -bear.
There are three trees. 

Onomatopoeia
What is onomatopoeia?Defined as a word which imitates the natural sounds of a thing.
Oops!
OMG!
Boom!

Metaphor
What is a metaphor? Metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase.
He is a human 
Sea salt
He was a lion in the fight 

Hyperbole
What is a Hyperbole?   Is statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
This shoe is killing me.
I will love you forever.
I told a million times that this is a bad idea. 

Assonance
What is Assonance? That the noun is used for similar vowel.
Go to the rock
we went to
Johnny went here and there and everywhere.

Idiom
The idiom is a phrase  or an expression that is figurative.
Break the ice.
So far so good. 
Speak of the devil.

Personification is a giving human characteristics.
The trees don’t have hands. 
 The chair doesn't have a long leg. 
The clock doesn't have face.  

Consonance Agreement or compatibility between opinions or actions. 

 Sells sea shells by the sea shore.
The ship has sailed far off shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.