Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

Tomorrow, when the war began ( chapter 16/17)

Read through Chapter 16-17. Use the words in bold to fill in the blanks.

I too had blood on my hands, like the Hermit, and just as I couldn’t tell whether his actions were good or bad, so too I couldn’t tell what mine were. Had I killed out of love of my friends, as part of a noble crusade to rescue friends and family and keep our land free? Or had I killed because I valued my life above that of others? Would it be OK for me to kill a dozen others to keep myself alive? A hundred? A thousand? At what point did I condemn myself to Hell, if I hadn’t already done so? The Bible just said ‘Thou shalt not kill’, then told hundreds of stories of people killing each other and becoming heros , like David with Goliath. That didn’t help me much.

I didn’t feel like a criminal , but I didn’t feel like a hero either. P.216

condemn, blood, criminal, actions, dozen, valued, heroes, crusade


The people we’ve talked to say the soldiers are anxious to keep their noses clean.

They know that sooner or later the United Nations and the Red Cross Will be wandering around, and they don’t want to attract a lot of heat from them. They keep talking about a “clean” invasion . They figure that if there’s no talk of concentration camps and torture and rape and stuff, there’s less chance of countries like America getting involved.’ P.224

invasion, soldiers, concentration,attract, torture, anxious



site of this work

What am i learning? i am learning putting works in the black place.
How does this work show my learning? by showing what o did.
What am i wondering? notting

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.