Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Tomorrow, When the war began chapter 21



Read through Chapter 21. Use the words in bold to fill in the blanks.

I scrambled back down the ladder. It seemed to have taken forever to get the rope out.

All that time I’d been oblivious of the thunder just centimetres above my head,

but now I noticed that it was starting to lessen. I could make out individual

hooves. I broke out in an instant sweat, found the loose end of the rope,

grabbed it and ran. I had petrol all over me, had been breathing petrol, and

felt very odd as a result, as though I was floating across the grass. But it

wasn’t a pleasant float, more the sort of floating that made me seasick. P.271

Instant, scrambled, oblivious, floating, breathing, individual, pleasant

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.