Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

Marshmallow catapult shooter

 Aim: To make a marshmallow shooter and work out what forces are acting on it.

Equipment: Paper cup ,scissors, balloon marshmallow.

Method: 

  1.  Cut out the bottom of the cup. 
  2. Cut off the neck of the balloon.
  3. Stretch the open end of the balloon over the bottom of the cup.
  4. Place marshmallow in the cup.
  5. Pull balloon back to fire marshmallow.
Results:  

Making a Plastic Cup Marshmallow Shooter | ThriftyFun

Discussion:  

- when the marshmallow was in the cup all the forces( thrust,friction,gravity and support) were even as it wasn't moving.
- as soon as it leaves the cup then the thrust force was greater as it speed up.
 Conclusion:  it works.
Should you change anything? no 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.